Home » * FAVORITES, FAVOR, JOURNALING, REFLECTION

Twelve Benefits

19 October 2009 6 Comments

Twelve Great Reasons To Journal

When the “WHY” gets big enough, the “HOW” will work itself out.

I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands. (Psalm 143:5)

What are your needs?
What are your dreams?
What is your DESTINY?

Let’s talk first about why you should journal. What are the benefits for you? Unless you are convinced that journaling is going to make a big difference in your life, you are very likely to give up on this great habit before it’s firmly established. But when the “WHY” gets big enough, the “HOW” will work itself out.

Pastor Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life, says the purpose of the Bible is to change lives and the purpose of preaching is to change lives. The purpose of journaling is to change your life. It’s that simple.

Here are twelve (12) great reasons to journal that I discovered through my own extensive personal journaling experiences:

1. SLOW DOWN To MEDITATE On The Word Of God – Hear God’s Quiet Still Voice
  2. Allow God To Be Your MASTER COACH
  3. Build Your FAITH BY REMEMBERING What God Has Done
  4. Keep Your PRIORITIES In Order
  5. Great Spiritual HABIT (Discipline)
  6. REST, REFLECTION, And REVELATION – The Tricord Of Leverage
  7. Build Your PRAYER life
  8. Learn And Apply Valuable LIFE LESSONS
  9. Establish UNCOMMON Relationships
  10. Live An UNCOMMON Life (Dream BIG)
  11. GET ORGANIZED
  12. Keep Your COMMITMENTS

Related Articles

Prayer Power
Most gracious and merciful heavenly Father, I thank You for my wonderful habit of journaling. Thank You for all the fruit I have experienced in my life by writing my thoughts down and reflecting on those. Thank You for the new work You are doing through this journaling blog. May You open the eyes of understanding of my visitors to the power of journaling in their own lives. In Yeshua’s name I pray. Amen and hallelujah!

Blessings to know and EXPERIENCE GOD through journaling!

Joseph PeckJoseph

Joseph Peck, M.D.
The Time Doctor
Empowering Dreams
Author, I Was Busy, Now I’m Not
www.empower2000.com

Connect – BE Blessed To Be A Blessing
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/thejournalguy
Facebook: http://facebook.com/thejournalguy
Twitter: http://twitter.com/thejournalguy

SHARE YOUR VICTORIES below!
It is easy, fun, and will inspire others.

There is tremendous power in a testimony. “And they overcame him (the devil) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.” – Revelations 12:11

Caring/Sharing
Poem by Hugh Traulsen

If you dare to care, then share!
If you share, pay heed!!
God will reward every good deed!!!

Share your stories
Print Friendly
Facebook Twitter Email

6 Comments »

• Bertha Hinson said:

Joseph, the twelve (12) REASONS “why” to journal came at the right time to cause me to pause and learn to apply a valuable lesson at this time in my life. Although my focus isn’t on journaling I have had the most delightful time allowing the Lord to express Himself through me to post on my web site. This was difficult to begin with as more than my eyes would see what was being said in a very personal and intimate relationship.

Thank you for the example you model plus the encouraging “PUSH” you always put before the world to see is an invitation to ‘come on in the water if fine’.

• Dr. Randy Peck said:

Hi Bertha, Thank you for taking the time to share your comment on this blog post. There is something very powerful about WRITING your thoughts and then sharing some of those with others. Writing brings clarity and focus, things that most of us can use much more of. Blessings, Randy

• Karen Hannon said:

12 reasons for journaling – very inspiring. I also like the quote that when the why is big enough, the how works itself out. Thank you for your wisdom and kindness. Continued blessing to you and your family.
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Reclaim 7 Mountains of Culture =-.

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your comment and for posting that on my Journal777 blog. Commenting on other people’s blogs is a great way to create back links to your blog. It’s also a good way to add value and build relationships with others.

The Holy Spirit keeps bringing your name to my mind. I’ll call you in the next few days.

Blessings for a breakthrough with Spotlight Richmond!

Joseph
    “Blessed to be a blessing”
    THE CONNECTOR and The Journal Guy

P.S. Thanks for all the doors you have opened so far

• Wanda said:

In reading the prayer in day #6, I found new perspective. I never thought of God being a journaler but in fact He is. The Bible is in essence a journal in which people were inspired by God to recrod the events of the lives on individuals journeying with Jesus. Through their records I’m able to receive inspiration, direction, correction and edification.
    Wanda´s last blog post ..Is It Time For a Makeover

• Dr. Joseph Peck (author) said:

Hi Wanda,

Thank you for your interest in 12 Great Reasons To Journal and for taking the time to share your thoughtful comment. According to Jim Rohn, keeping a journal is one of the 3 greatest legacies any of us can leave behind – http://journal777.com/keeping-a-journal-one-of-the-three-treasures-to-leave-behind-by-jim-rohn/

Blessings!
    Joseph

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: